According to Ayurveda cow’s milk is pure or sattvic in nature and has medicinal value. Milk is sweet in taste and cooling for the body. Milk becomes heavy when boiled for a long period of time. However Ayurveda only recommends drinking warm milk, therefore avoid drinking cold milk (mucus forming and not suitable for people with Kapha dosha imbalances) and over-boiled milk.
According to all the Ayurvedic texts here are some benefits of raw milk. The only suggestion Ayurveda makes is to drink warm milk or warm spiced milk.
- Milk is nectar or elixir for humans. The cow is considered a holy animal in India and some Southeast Asian countries. Only the grass-fed cow’s milk is considered Satvic.
- Ancient Indian medicine placed great emphasis on milk as a healer. It provides all the ingredients needed for growth and development, vital force (ojas) and bestows longevity.
- Milk contains plenty of protein, vitamins and essential minerals. The amino acids and minerals in milk are necessary for the functioning of the brain and nervous system. Raw milk is rich in fat-soluble vitamins such as A, D and K.
- Whole milk provides energy because of the high content of fat and protein.
- According to Ayurveda milk is food that is readily converted into semen for men.
- Milk is a diuretic, it cleans the kidneys and urinary tract by promoting urination.
Cow milk has many important health benefits for humans, including its ability to aid in weight loss, build strong bones and teeth, boost the immune system, reduce fat, protect the heart, prevent diabetes, eliminate inflammation, and help stimulate growth.
Desi ghee prepared from the traditional bilona churn method has all the properties like vitamin A, D, E and K. It also has DHA for brain development and CLA for weight management. It also has anti-inflammatory and antioxidants to build immunity.
Ghee prepared by the Vedic process is a rich source of butyric acid that is a short-chain fatty acid. This acid is connected to an immune system that can help in lowering inflammation and improving the digestive system. Cow ghee is also used as medicine and is widely recognized in various Ayurvedic massages & supplements.
Cow Ghee – a form of clarified butter- is an essential power food. Here are a few benefits of Cow Ghee:-
- Ghee has a high smoke point (250 °C or 482 °F). You can cook and fry with ghee and it will not break down into free radicals like many other oils
- Ghee does not need refrigeration. You can preserve the same at room temperature.
- Ghee is a Lactose-free dairy product, that makes it tolerable for those who have a low tolerance for other dairy products.
- Ghee is rich in oil-soluble vitamins A and E.
- Ghee is rich in K2 and CLA (Conjugated Linoleic Acid) – an antioxidant with anti-viral properties if it is sourced from grass-fed cow’s milk.
- Ghee is rich in medium-chain fatty acids, which are absorbed directly by the liver (like carbs) and burned as energy. Athletes can use ghee as a consistent energy source
- The energy from these medium-chain fatty acids can be used to burn other fats in the system and lose weight.
- Ghee (unlike other oils) is rich in butyric acid, a short-chain fatty acid. Beneficial intestinal bacteria convert fibre into butyric acid and then use that for energy and intestinal wall support.
- Ayurvedic physicians have been using ghee enemas for centuries to decrease inflammation.
- Ghee can be used to detoxify our bodies.
- Within Ayurveda, ghee is considered one of the most Satvic foods. Satvic foods promote positivity, growth and expansion of consciousness.
Made From Cow’s Milk- Some Facts According To Ayurveda And Modern Scientific Research
One of the most important constituents of the vegetarian and satvik diet is Ghee. Subtle effects of pure ghee made from cow’s milk can be depicted as given in the illustration below:
- Ghee made from cow’s milk is sattvik, the flow of Divine Principle is attracted to it.
- A ring of Divine Principle (mula tatva) is also created and activated in the ghee.
- The flow of Divine consciousness (Chaitanya) is attracted to the ghee.
- Through this flow, a ring of Consciousness is created and activated in the ghee.
- Even particles of mild Chaitanya are also created in the ghee.
The proportion of vibrations in the ghee made from cow’s milk: The table below highlights the spiritual importance of ghee made from cow’s milk. As it is most sattvik, it is also used in ritualistic worship.
- A ring of Conscious-filled Divine Energy (Shakti) of the Deity Sri Dhanvantari is created and is activated.
- Particles of Divine Energy are also created and spread in the ghee.
|Divine Energy (Shakti)||1|
Dhee kaanthismruthikaarakam balakaram medhokaram shuddhikrudvataghnam shramanaashanam swarakaram pittapaham pushtidam!!
It increases Intelligence; Helps in enhancing Memory Power; Rejuvenates the Skin from inside and increases its Glow; Boosts body Energy; Detoxifies Body; Normalizes Vata; Increases clarity of Voice; Normalises Pitta; Nourishes the Body; Improves Digestion and increases body Fire; Increases Quality and Quantity of Semen; It is very effective in disorders of Eye; Acts as a Good Rasayana; It is the best form of Fat.
Healing Properties of Ghee
It has been thousands of years that ghee is used in Ayurveda as well as homes. It is not just used for its amazing taste or bold aroma, but also for its detoxifying property, healing property, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory property and what not!! Ayurveda states that ghee is used as a carrier of nutrients and a lubricator to the tissues of the body.
Oleation with ghee really helps pull stubborn fat-soluble toxins out of the cells and triggers fat metabolism, a process whereby the body starts to burn its own fat for fuel. When used on the skin, ghee softens and strengthens, protects and nourishes.
Massaging properties of ghee for newborn baby
Desi cow ghee is great massages oil for babies as it has natural moisturizing qualities. It helps in making the baby’s skin supple, soft, and healthy. Use cow ghee as a natural moisturizer in place of baby lotions that are filled with chemicals. The advantage of desi ghee for babies is that it helps in metabolism, nourishment, and skin health. But most parents are sceptical about its usage due to a lack of direction and information.